[Sending back to the list]

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Angelo Bertolli
<angelo.berto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for completeness, I have "bind" set to the multicast address.  I
> don't have an mcast_if statement anywhere... maybe this is what I was
> missing.  It would be good if I could do this without having to set the
> routes by hand.

Let's say you have two nics on a host, eth0 and eth1.  By default,
multicast traffic will go through eth0 (as per your default route).
If eth1 is the actual interface you want to use, you'll need to
manually fix your routes.  AFAIK there is no way around it -- I could
be wrong though.

Alternatively, you could look into using unicast instead of multicast.

Cheers,

Bernard