On May 10, 2011, at 7:23 AM, Vladimir Vuksan wrote:

> One of the big features missing has been the authentication
> system which we deemed important as the web app is now writing to disk.
> Alex Dean (@mostlyalex on Twitter) has been making steady progress on
> that.

I think that the authentication code is mostly finished.  What's lacking (of
course) is testing & documentation.  I'll have time to work on it again later
this week.

The plan right now is to ship the new frontend in read-only mode.  To allow
web-based editing of various features (optional graphs, views, etc) you'll need
to configure authentication.  Authentication will be provided by the web
server, so you can use htpasswd, ldap, etc.

This is easy to do in Apache, and I'm planning to work out instructions for
Nginx as well since we've had at least one person report using it.

Is anyone using lighttpd?  I'm sure we can come up with some configuration
instructions for it as well if desired.

alex