Hi Neil, Many thanks for the swift reply.

I want to take a look at sFlow, but it isn't a prerequisite.

Anyway, I disabled sFlow, and (separately) included the patch you sent. Both
fixes appeared successful. For now I am going with your patch, and sFlow
enabled.

I say "appeared successful", as make was error free, and a gmond.exe was
created. However, it doesn't appear to work out of the box. I created a default
gmond.conf

./gmond --default_config > /usr/local/etc/gmond.conf

and then simply ran gmond. It started a process, but no port (8649) was
created. Running in debug mode I get this

$ ./gmond -d 10
loaded module: core_metrics
loaded module: cpu_module
loaded module: disk_module
loaded module: load_module
loaded module: mem_module
loaded module: net_module
loaded module: proc_module
loaded module: sys_module

and nothing further.

I have done little investigation yet, so unless there is anything obvious I am
missing, I'll continue to troubleshoot.

Regards
Nigel