Hi Keith,

Below is our implementation of rrdcached w/RHEL56. We run this script on
boot before we start gmetad.

When we installed the rrdcached rpm, it created rrdcached group & user
entries. The issue is finding the right set of file perms for both
gmetad and apache.

> # set ganglia rrd perms for root
> rrds_dir=/var/lib/ganglia2/rrds
> chown -R nobody $rrds_dir
> chgrp -R root $rrds_dir
>
> # start rrd as group "rrdcached"
> /usr/bin/rrdcached -z 60 \
> -s rrdcached -l unix:/var/rrdtool/rrdcached/rrdcached.sock \
> -s rrdcached -P FLUSH,STATS,HELP -l
> unix:/var/rrdtool/rrdcached/rrdcached.limited.sock \
> -b $rrds_dir -B
>
> # open perms on rrdcached unix sock so http/apache can read rrd info
> chmod -v 2777 /var/rrdtool/rrdcached/*

regards,
chris hunter
chris.hun...@yale.edu