Are you afraid that we could see performance data of the Curiosity? :D

First of all I would really suggest you read the "Monitoring with Ganglia"
book (2012). It answers many questions and solves major problems.

About your issue:

1. How do you set "deaf" and "mute" in gmond nodes?
2. How many listening gmonds (aggregators, hosts with "deaf=no") do you
have? (if using multicast than probably by default all gmond hosts are
aggregators)
3. What is the size of the downloaded XML (telnet to gmond aggregator on
port set in tcp_accept_channel)? Does it contain all hosts you monitor
(write XML content to file and grep looking for 'HOST NAME' or smt like
that)
4. Do you have any ACLs set in gmond configuration?
5.

Btw - in the config section you shared you have a white-space in port
number 8 204:

 /* You can specify as many udp_recv_channels as you like as well. */
        udp_recv_channel {
        mcast_join = 239.2.11.71
        port = 8 204
        bind = 239.2.11.71