Hi, I want to allow users to access Ganglia for some clusters but not for
other clusters. Following the instructions at
https://github.com/ganglia/ganglia-web/wiki/Authorization-System, I have:

- added stuff to Apache's ganglia.conf:

     Alias /ganglia /usr/share/ganglia
     <Location /ganglia>
       Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride None
       Allow from all
       Require all granted
     </Location>
     SetEnv ganglia_secret xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     <Files "login.php">
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "Ganglia Access"
       AuthUserFile /var/lib/ganglia/htpasswd
       Require valid-user
     </Files>

  - added stuff Ganglia's conf.php, intended to make myself an admin and
to make (my only) two clusters private:

     <?php
     $conf['auth_system'] = 'enabled';
     $acl = GangliaAcl::getInstance();
     $acl->addPrivateCluster( 'XXXX' );
     $acl->addPrivateCluster( 'YYYY' );
     $acl->addRole( 'alexis', GangliaAcl::ADMIN );
     ?>

- created an htpasswd file in the right place with an entry for myself.

Now I go to http://my-site/ganglia. At this grid level, I see the basic graphs
for the 'unspecified grid' and, listed underneath, are two private clusters.
Okay so far.

 From the 'grid --> choose a source' pulldown menu I select one of my two
clusters
but get a simple page stating "Sorry, you do not have access to this resource."

Apache's access_log shows just:

..."GET
/ganglia/?r=hour&cs=&ce=&m=load_one&s=by+name&c=XXXX&tab=m&vn=&hide-hf=false
HTTP/1.1" 403 116
"http://my-site/ganglia/?m=load_one&r=hour&s=by%20name&hc=4&mc=2"; ...

This is SL7 with Ganglia from EPEL, versions:

ganglia-web-3.7.0-3.el7.x86_64
ganglia-3.7.1-3.el7.x86_64
ganglia-gmetad-3.7.1-3.el7.x86_64

I've done plenty of googling, but not found anything. Has anybody any ideas why
this is not working? Thanks!

Alexis