Hi—

I have a couple questions regarding using Ganglia with Docker.

First, is it the best practice to run one Ganglia instance on the host server
or to run a Ganglia instance per image?

Second (and likely related to the first), we have an application which will
emit custom metrics into ganglia, such as the my application’s incoming rate.
How do I differentiate these per docker image?

On bare-metal servers, it could just be segregated by one IP address, however,
it appears that if I run one ganglia instance per image, each of those images
ends up with the same IP address on the remote Ganglia Monitor, and so I lose a
bunch of statistics.  Is the best way to have ganglia push the data with a
generic source IP address?

What is the best way to work around this?  Thanks in advance!

eyt*