From: jessica
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 2:30 AM
Subject: RE: [gecko]I built it - Bookshelf Habitat

Paul,

Your babies are adorable!  And the bookshelf looks great.

Since it seems to have been newbie introductions week, I'll add myself.  My name is Jessica, and I'm from MD (hi Yuri, we're probably neighbors).  I'm just a beginner really.  I have had one male leopard for a little over a year (though he was already about 2 when I got him).  Peanut is spoiled rotten but probably lonely.  He's getting some lady friends in a couple of months though.

I've been reading the list for a while and I think it's a great resource.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can get him to stop turning his nose up at mealworms?  He used to go after them with relish but now all he'll eat are crickets.  He's healthy with a nice fat tail so I'm not worried about him nutritionally, and he gets the proper supplements either way.  I don't mind giving him crickets as a treat, but I live in an apartment and crickets are noisy so I'd rather not have to keep them around all the time.

Anyway, thanks for the info and allowing me to learn about other species of gex!

-Jessica

--
Doug Johnston
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/scubadug