Here is another intro for this group.  I too have been lurking around this list for about 6 months absorbing what I can. We (my wife Leah) and I have been keeping herps for about 15 years with most of our prior emphysis on Colubrids and Chameleons. We have kept a few geckos as well, mostly Phelsuma spp.and Uroplatus spp., in fact we still have a single female P. m. kochi which we obtained as a hatchling 11 years ago this July! We are not working with Chameleons now and are currently down sizing the snakes, I'm very tired of raising mice!!!  Would also like to expand the gecko projects :)
Probably our most interesting project is our work with Paroedura bastardi, a small ground gecko from Madagascar. The two goals of this project are to find out if this species is temperature dependent sex determined and to figure out what kind of cooling perameters are required for continued breeding.  Imports are very prolific, but breeding the captive bred animals is problematic.  Hatchlings of this species are a whopping 1" total length and make Phelsuma look like turtles when it comes to running.

There is gobbs more, but I wanted to keep it brief.

Lawrence Erickson
Boulder Creek, California