Hhhhhheeeelllllloooooooo!

Where is everybody?  No chatter at all.

I am looking for a taxonomic (dichotomous or otherwise) key to differentiate
between Phelsuma m. grandis and P. standingi.

Here's why:

My graduate advisor is doing toepad research (and salamander population studies
- that's my thesis topic).  He received a shipment of Phelsuma back in the
Spring.  I just recently went over to see the animals, and instantly recognized
that the animal dealer sent him a P.m. grandis and a P.m. ? (maybe kochi,
probably grandis) when he paid for standingi.

Before he contacts the vendor, he wants to make sure that there isn't a chance
of the two animals in question being standingi.  There is no doubt in my mind
that they are not standingi, but I can only intuitively tell him the
differences, and that is based primarily on appearance.  He and I both
recognize that there must be some key morphological differences between grandis
and standingi - I just don't know them.  All my books are buried in a box in my
basement during a VERY LONG TERM (too long, if you ask my wife) remodel.

So again, the question is, does anyone have a key that will allows us to
positively identify these two animals by morphology (scale counts, toe pad
differences, etc.)?

thanks

Joe