Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvor...@suse.cz> writes:

> I guess that every major distribution released in the last year already has
> it.

"Distribution" usually implies Linux flavor, and geeqie is (or should
be) targeted more broadly, at all reasonable POSIX systems.  But, I just
checked pkgsrc, which is how things like gtk are built for NetBSD and
DragonFly (as the official packaging system), and is also usable on many
other systems (Linux, Solaris, the other BSDs, AIX, IRIX, etc.), and
gtk3 is at 3.4.3 and installed painlessly (and in parallel with gtk2).
I had not previously paid attention to gtk3, but it seems clear it isn't
too bleeding edge.

So I have no bit issue with moving to gtk3 only, but I still think a 2/3
compat plan is best if it doesn't hurt much.  gtk3 is another 61 MB
(installed), but geeqie is a photo viewer and that's only 60 smallish
pictures :-)