On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 21:40:45 +0200, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:

> Dne pondělí 06 Srpen 2012 18:09:49 Michael Schwendt napsal(a):
> > On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:51:43 +0200, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
> > > The tarball I used for creating the testing packages can be downloaded
> > > here:
> > >
> > > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/nadvornik:/geeqie:/testin
> > > g/Debian_5.0/geeqie_1.1.orig.tar.gz
> >
> > That one still crashes when letting an external tool/program "run wild" in
> > the current working directory (such as renaming/moving files or altering
> > the case of file extensions). Backtrace below.
> >
> >   filedata.c:446: fd magick mismatch at filedata.c:2656
> >   **
> >   ERROR:filedata.c:448:file_data_ref_debug: assertion failed: (fd->magick
> > == 0x12345678)
> >
> > I can't tell what is the culprit, just that the Fedora package uses a
> > stripped-down vflist_refresh function which makes Geeqie not crash.
> >

> I see. Thanks for the report.
>
> Maybe the attached patch fixes it.

Not entirely. It's been harder to make it crash, though:

  filedata.c:446: fd magick mismatch at filedata.c:629
  **
  ERROR:filedata.c:448:file_data_ref_debug: assertion failed: (fd->magick ==
0x12345678)

> If not, then I would need more information:
>
> output of geeqie --debug 2
>
> and some description of what the external program does.

I'll try to create an isolated stress-test, which I could publish.
If anyone beats me to it, mission objective is to

  - run Geeqie, point it at a directory
  - populate Geeqie's working directory with a few hundred test image files,
    create an arbitrary number of pairs .jpg+.raw
  - rename/delete/move/copy files in that directory continuously

The history of that is that users have reported crashes when copying
files from an USB stick to Geeqie's directory or when moving/deleting
files from that directory. Geeqie's automatic refresh of the dir would
run into problems maintaining its internal data structures.

Parts of that I've tried to simulate manually. Particulary, related to
file grouping (.jpg/.raw) and possibly case-insensitive filesystem
issues (.JPG <-> .jpg / .RAW <-> .raw where 1.0 has had a bug choosing
the sidecar parent/child).

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.5.0-2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.45 0.48 0.29