On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 03:03:57 +0200,
Jon Senior <j...@restlesslemon.co.uk> wrote:

Jon> I think that since nef files need to be passed through dcraw (or
Jon> ufraw if you want a GUI.), gimp pays as much attention to your
Jon> passing it a nef as it would to a word document. On my computer,
Jon> geeqie doesn't list gimp as an option for camera raw files but
Jon> offers ufraw... from where you can send the image to gimp. Direct
Jon> raw support in gimp is a few versions away as I understand it.

I thought of this too but he did say it worked when he renamed the file
to *.tif.  Which makes a bit of sense because many RAW formats are
actually variants on TIFF.

gimp would still see only 8 bits of each pixel color value, though.
Definitely not the ideal tool for handling them.

Local Variables:
mode:claws-external
End: