> On Sat, May 07, 2016 at 11:11:27AM +0200, Josef Kufner wrote:
>Roger wrote, on 7.5.2016 04:24:
>>> Now I recompiled it completely with gtk-3 and gps support.
>>>
>>> Works that far. But it shows me why I never liked GTK-3.
>>> - - Mouse wheel is not working in lists anymore
>>> - - Buttons and layout are ugly
>>> - - Image display flickers when using map display
>>>
>>> So, recompiling it back with gtk-2. :-(
>>
>> Ditto concerning gtk-3.  I love gtk, but gtk-3 support looks half-baked, or
>> half-usable.  Might be considering recompiling all my applications back to
>> gtk-2 on this note.
>
>Hmm... how crazy idea it would be to port Geeqie to Qt5 ?  :)

As crazier as it sounds, I still far prefer GTK over QT.  QT is ugly in my
opinion, and pulls in far too many depends.  Although if you run KDE, you're
likely not going to notice.

I think GTK-3 is at a stumbling block, and the it's own ugliness is likely
temporary.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/