>Currently I tend to keep the ifdef way. But the private function name
>space has some potential and some elegances. I don't see a way at all in
>different branches. Long term that is not manageable.
>
>On the other hand, if GTK3 gets to a usable state, I would vote to drop
>GTK2. But I don't see that coming very near.
>
>Regards
>   Klaus

Ditto.

Also have to realize this migration period from GTK-2 to GTK-3 is (hopefully) a
temporary phase, or in this case stumbling block.  (Ditto concerning GTK-3
having problems, but some useful new features.  ie. Evince)

Times when branching is used, are in such experimental phases where the
dependency may not even see the light of day.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/