Le 02/09/2013 12:32, Nicolas Montgermont a écrit :

Le 26/07/2013 14:03, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> On 07/26/13 11:44, Jack wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to create GLSL abstractions in the help directory, which
>> would replace pix_ objects when possible. The name would start with
>> glsl_ instead of pix_.

> sound good.

I was wondering, isn't a name connected to pix could be better suited?
for example
pix_alpha -> pix_alpha_sl
instead of
pix_alpha -> glsl_alpha
Cause it's here to replace pixes, no? And we can imagine having glsl
abstraction not working specially in the field of texture...
This way the help directory will be alphabetically directly ordered...
and one can imagine new pixes effect without any need for a corresponding pix_*
object

yes, we can imaging extending this objects collection for vertex, or with
function that is not yet possible with pix_ object.
so having pix_ prefix on this objects is not a good idea imo.

texture_alpha / texture_add / ...
vertex_random / ...
???

so that one can use this objects without having heard about shaders / glsl or
sl.

cheers

best,