"recorded in the any stage of the pipeline. I want this activity recorder to
keep into account the activity in my monitoring unit as well, so that if
some processing is going on there, the CPU is not put to sleep. "
The wakeCPU() function processes the activity recorder. Just call that on
any cycle that your unit is used and it will track that as pipeline activity
for that cycle.

"Can somebody help me out in this. I checked the files activityRec.c, but I
don't understand it properly. "
Is there a acitivityRec.c??? Do you mean activity.cc?

> Also, I notice that in the cpu files, the activity recorder is instantiated
> as:-
>              activityRec(params->name, NumStages, 10, params->activity)  =>
> Why is the longest latency 10 here, if numStages = 5?Is there some
> correlation? Is there some documentation which speaks about it.

There's a lot of documentation in cpu/activity.hh for how that works.

With that said, 10 looks to be a hardcoded value there that should now be
'1' for the default longest timebuffer communication latency in the CPU.

--
- Korey