On 3/19/06, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sorry for the confusion: this is about the actual process of preparing
> the paperwork required by the incubator not the receipt of the
> software grant form. AIUI the receipt of the software grant form needs
> an officer but an officer or a member can fill in the rest of the
> paperwork required by the incubator before they can approve a grant.

Well, anyone can fill out the form.  Then, an Officer can receive the
form on behalf of the Foundation (the preferred recipient for all
forms is the Secretary).  The Incubator PMC still needs to review the
form to ensure it is up to our standards before the code donation can
commence (i.e. that it is the right document, etc, etc.).

The Officer receiving it is not ensuring the legitimacy of the
document - they are just saying, "Yup.  Got it."  The Incubator PMC is
responsible for confirming the content of the document and ensuring
that it's "right."

HTH.  -- justin