contrib/ has been removed from the packaging scripts, and won't ship with 1.7.

In other news, the box that builds the nightly tarballs is back online, albeit
with a new disk, so it'll take me a day or two to get it back up.  When it
does, I'll point people there, and you can see what a typical tarball would
look like (with the caveat that a nightly is untested, not a true release, and
could cause a black hole that swallows the Earth).

-Hyrum