Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote on 06/04/2011 07:43:50 AM:

> On 4 Jun 2011, at 12:19, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> >

> > LibreOffice complements anything we do here at Apache to those who
> > agree with the license terms under which LibreOffice is made
> > available.  Until or unless we resolve that issue, I feel that the
> > statement above would need to be both qualified in this manner and
> > extended to enumerate other complements that might apply in other
> > situations.
>
> I disagree. LO has a focus on the binary deliverables and the
> consumer destinations they reach that is perfectly complementary to
> the developer focus of Apache. This complementarity is entirely
> unrelated to licensing.

I'll assert that there is a subset of participants on this list, taking
part in this discussion and whom have added their names to the proposed
committers list who feel strongly that the proposed project's efforts
should include a strong end-user focus.  I'm willing to believe that there
is also a subset that thinks otherwise. If these difference can be
resolved, that would be best.  But if not, I'll suggest that this is a
fundamental difference of vision which probably cannot be reconciled
within a single proposal.

-Rob