I think this is a diversion.

We all know the press will choose the single sentence that will create the most
traffic. It doesn't matter if this pro or anti foo, they just want traffic.

Let's just assume nobody intended any malice. The journalists want us to fight,
it makes for better stories.

Let's focus on solving real problems not worrying about ones that are not
there.

Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)