On 1/30/2012 6:06 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> It is clear that with all the turmoil of late and people
> lightly tossing around -1's that the notion of having veto
> authority over personnel matters makes little sense on this
> PMC.  Therefore I propose we adopt the policy that personnel
> votes are by straight majority consensus, iow no vetoes allowed.

-1

The argument is very simple, you don't allow a simple majority to
tyrannize the minority.  So the ASF has long held a simple standard
of consensus on all committee additions and subtractions.  Some
majority might be irked at [insert name here]'s [actions|inaction|
comments|silence] but that was never grounds to remove a committee
member.  If you want to propose some supermajority metric other than
"unanimous", that could work (e.g. 2/3 or 3/4 in agreement).