Hi John

My understanding is, that we are well aware of this concern, which others have
mentioned as well.

Also Greg noted in the proposal:

> gstein sez: the podling can only graduate within an approved repository
> system. The IPMC may have a differing opinion, but from an Infra perspective:
> the OpenWhisk podling can continue with their usage of a GitHub repository,
> but faces a clear obstacle: GitHub "as master [as allowed by the Foundation]"
> must be approved and working before the graduation, or they must migrate
> their primary to the Foundation's Git repository (at git-wip) before they
> graduate.

I think this sounds like a good compromise to work on and the poddling intends
to work actively with Infra to see that we can stay in GitHub. If that is not
possible, we byte the bullet accordingly.

In addition, also according to Greg:

> We require that anybody committing to a GitHub repository authenticates with
> BOTH: GitHub, and the ASF. No commits without that multiple authentication.
> (this is based on our current experiments with Whimsy and Traffic Server;
> same rules would apply to this podling)

The original discussion took place after the initial submission, see [1]

Does that help ?

Regards
Felix

[1]