On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 11:03 PM Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.invalid> wrote:

> But, IMO, the reason the question went to VP Legal is that it doesn't really
> matter what the IPMC thinks if their "business decision" will have an impact
> on the "Legal Shield" and the insurance premiums that go with it.  So I think
> the question got lost on legal-discuss.  The "space of options" should
> probably be constrained by the "Legal Shield".

Nope. That's not how any of the legal works. Legal never makes policy
-- legal always evaluates risk profiles of the policy that business
stakeholders make.

In fact, and thin may come as a shock, legal never *blocks* anything.
Legal doesn't have veto power simply because the business decision
always trupms legal.

You *may* get sued is a statement that is always true -- regardless of
what you do.

> What kinds of policy violations truly affect the legal shield if the
> non-compliance:

You're asking the wrong question. You're still asking the TLP question.