On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Everything should definitely feel the same.  However, color is
> a definite clue that you have changed contexts.  By drilling
> down a Project's heirarchy, it helps to have a visual clue that
> you are not at the same level you used to be.
>
> Color customization is not just a cosmetic tool, it does help
> to understand a project's hierarchy.  Logo changes can be missed,
> but a different background or header color is hard to ignore.

Unfortunately, you can't depend solely on colour to communicate an
important piece of information.  If all subprojects have a blue background
and all subsubproject have a purple background and thats the only
indication of the project level, anyone who is red-green colour blind is
hosed.  Anyone who is completely colour blind is obviously hosed.

I don't disagree that colour is a very useful tool, just don't depend on
it.  You need an additional way of indicating what the current project
depth is.

And no, I'm not colour blind. :-)

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.