Leo Simons wrote:
> I very much agree. I was under the impression though that at this point,
> there are some designers available somewhere. It would be good if they
> would explain which things would be good to change so we can put that
> into the system.

There is no paid staff, and AFAIK, no "designers" who are also
committers. And even if there was one, we can't depend on something like
that. We can depend on there being programmers here, otherwise there
would be no living products, and before long, no users or Website to
worry about.

> except that the website is not only for geeks. It's also for people
> that make decisions and have money.

Says who?

I'm thinking Jakarta is a developer-to-developer site. If other stop by,
they're welcome, but our focus has to be on what we know.

Personally, I leave the eye-candy to others, and focus on functionality.
Given the products we write here, I think that's going to very common.

I'm not saying that I would be particularly interested in any design
anyone else came up with. I'm just saying that if I need to change it,
I'm going to change it, because there ain't nobody else here to do it.

Personally, I'd say it's better that our sites don't look ~too~ good.
That way people don't get the wrong impression. There is no commericial
support here. Just a bunch of volunteers doing the best they can.
Jakarta is an all-you-can-eat buffet, and should probably look like one
:o)

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services