I generally want to stay out of this vote thread till it runs its
course and I do appreciate the viewpoints expressed so far. Since
there is a question posed here, I'll try to respond briefly below ...

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/10/2009, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [Suggestion is to please reply to the gene...@jakarta list only]
>>
>>  This is a vote to consolidate the development lists at Jakarta into
>>  one development and one notifications list. For background including
>>  timing, anticipated benefits and some discussion, see proposal [1]
>>  thread.
>>
>>  [ ] +1
>>  [ ] -1
>
> +0.
>
> I follow BSF-dev and JMeter-dev and both are fairly quiet, so as far
> as I'm concerned they could be merged into a common dev list.
>
> However, I'm wondering if it's the right time to do this. AIUI there
> is talk of moving some of the Jakarta projects to Commons - why not do
> that first and see what's left?

<snip/>

IMO:

We will pursue that, we know what will be left. The bits that may move
out contribute hardly any dev traffic so it doesn't change the
equation here very much.

This is absolutely a good time to do this. Jakarta is now at a point
where this is feasible (i.e. enough bits have moved out that the
collective dev traffic is mild compared to some other projects). In
doing this level of flattening, it allows us to overcome one of the
biggest shortcomings of the canonical umbrella project with dev nooks
and crannies. Other motivations as mentioned elsewhere.

-Rahul