I have written a xml parser java program to parse xml files and display. I am using SAX and my java class extends DefaultHandler. In characters() method I get the content of the tag as new String(ch, start, length).

The xml files I get to parse with this program includes special characters. They are replaced by appropriated notations ( ie: it replaces & for &) in the server which generates xml files.

This is my output:

Kandy was the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings which is a World Heritage Site. The name
"
Kandy
"
 conjures visions of splendour and magnificence. Many of the legends, traditions and folklore are s
till lovingly kept alive. Drive around the Kandy Lake built by the last Sinhala king, Sri Wickrama
Rajasinghe in 1798. Visit the Kandy town and Bazaar, the arts
&
 crafts centre, a gem museum and a lapidary. Also visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy. The
reafter witness a Cultural show.

Please see there are two carriage return (line break) before and after a special character. How do I overcome this issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Ranjith

Ranjith Kodikara
Systems Engineer
DMS Software Technologies
165, Dharmapala Mawatha,
Colombo 00700
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel:
tel2:
+94-11-2673973
+94-11-2696648
Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?

<<dms.jpg>>