Greg et al,

My apologies - I got an update just after sending this the first time.

Cheers,
        Berin

Overview
========

As the project gets smaller, the quarters get quieter.  Xerces is now a
TLP in its own right.  The only remaining sub projects that *may* look
to TLP status are xml-security and AxKit.

The PMC and general lists have been very quiet.  Everyone has been too
busy on other things to look at how to move the overall federation
forward, however this needs to start happening, and will be a focus for
the chair in the coming quarter.

Commons
=======

The XML Commons project has finally had a breakthrough on the new JAXP 1.3 checkin from Sun. The new JAXP code - including SAX and DOM interfaces used widely in XML projects - has been finally checked in. Although this is primarily updates to existing code, we do have a CCLA for this from Sun. Committers on the project and the Xerces and Xalan projects are slowly working to integrate the new interfaces into their build processes.

The Resolver component also has significant new work on it, and the lead committer is working out bugs before we consider a new release.

Axkit
=====

AxKit has just taken a vote for its next release, and is planning to
make this happen.  Preparation for moving to SVN has also now commenced.

Finally, AxKit is preparing to migrate its mailing lists back into a
single list.  The volumes are too low to warrant maintaining the current
dev/user split.

Xindice
=======

Some activity on the user list, however no development activity.

XML-Security

Version 1.2.1 for the Java library was released in this quarter.  This
included a number of bug fixes from 1.2.  The C++ library is preparing
for a 1.2 release (vote currently being undertaken) which will include
the new XKMS message handling code.