Hi,

A small introduction:
We currently own 2 small clusters. One with 42 opteron diskless nodes (adelie
gentoo linux) and another one with 24 pentium 4 diskless nodes (based on
Kyron's wiki http://wiki.neuralbs.com/index.php/Gentoo_Diskless_Client).

We have seen a nice upgrade in perfomance when we changed the 24 nodes cluster
from Redhat to Gentoo.

The question:
We are in discussion to make a cluster with around 1024 nodes for parallel
scientific computing. I want to convince that Gentoo would be better on this
cluster than RedHat! Most people around this project don't believe in Gentoo
(obviously because they have never done anything with Gentoo).

Does anyone have really solid arguments/articles/proofs about the performance
of Gentoo on clusters to help me convice the RedHat guys?

Thanks
Simon