Before someone jumps in and says "that's not true"...

...That's not true...

hehe... From what I see, onesis is a kit of wrapper scripts which seem to
automate most of the procedure on my wiki. The problem with wrapper scripts
is that they have to be maintained and, when it comes to automating system
configuration, they tend to restrict that only _THEY_ perform modifications
on the config files. Another example of this is LTSP, you can either choose
to use their ltspadmin interface to configure DHPC, pxeboot, NFS and all the
other stuff or you do it manually. In my case, I do it manually and the
scripts don't recognize that I have done the job.

so...
Pros of doing it manually:
- You have total control
- You _have_ to know what you are doing
- you're not limited to the path imposed by the tool (this applies to both
distributions and "admin" scripts)

Cons:
- You have to control everything
- You _have_ to know what you are doing
- There is a steep learning curve in most cases
- Sysadmins (to be read as MCSE people) dUn't like it

This said, Josh, have you tried it yourself?...comments?...feedback ;)

Eric

--
Eric Thibodeau
Neural Bucket Solutions Inc.