"Hanni Ali" writes:

> The cluster will be a "hyperwall", meaning that each node
> > > will have graphics, forming a grid of displays for multi-parameter,
> > > multi-dimensional scientific visualization.
>

> Sounds fascinating I  do hope you will report how it goes and what method
> you use to achieve this.

We already have a 3x3 hyperwall running Gentoo, but thats a lot simpler than
what we will be building.  If you are interested, our mini got a little
publicity a year ago in the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter:

http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20051205-newsletter.xml#doc_chap2

We also just had a paper published in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and
Computer Graphics.  The graphics cluster described is our 7x7, which is
rather old and still running Fedora Core 2.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/wrapper.jsp?arnumber=4015457

The new cluster will be designed to do more of what is described in that
paper.

-bryan