t35t0r wrote:
Not on gentoo but on RHEL.
I see nothing that is RHEL specific below...
Run this script on master host. It will run
iozone for small to large file sizes (up to 1G).

---- cut ----

#!/bin/sh

# full path to iozone executable
iozoneExec="/home/somewhere/bin/iozone"
# full path to the host file
hostFile="/home/somewhere/iozoneHostsAwesomeFS.txt"
# the number of hosts in the host file
numHosts="16"
# the record size or block size to use in all transfers
recordSize="32k"
# the file output prefix (the final file name will be
${filePrefix}-${recordSize}:${fs}k.xls or .out depending on whether it
is the excel file or log file, where ${fs} is the file size for the
transfer in KB (incrementally generated by the loop)).
filePrefix="cluster-awesomeFS"

# file sizes from 32k to 1g increasing by powers of 2
export rsh="ssh"
export RSH="ssh"
for ((i=5;i<=20;i+=1)); do
        fs=$((2**$i))
        $iozoneExec -RcTM -t $numHosts -b
${filePrefix}-${recordSize}:${fs}k.xls -r $recordSize -s ${fs}k -+m
$hostFile > ${filePrefix}-${recordSize}:${fs}k.out
done

sample hosts file:

# hostname   directoryForTestFiles   pathToIozoneOnEachHost
node1 /net/NAS/awesomeFS /home/somewhere/bin/iozone
node2 /net/NAS/awesomeFS /home/somewhere/bin/iozone
node3 /net/NAS/awesomeFS /home/somewhere/bin/iozone