---> ChangeLog extract
19 Nov 2005; Francesco Riosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +files/mysql-slot.conf.d,
+files/mysql-slot.rc6:
These two are born for slotted MySQL, however they work as is on normal
MySQL
installations too. (require my_print_defaults)
Features added or changed
- Not using mysqld_safe anymore
- preparsing of my.cnf file, all options outed at startup
- (possible to) override my.cnf option from conf.d/mysql
- Start multiple server with different config files
- using new svc "--nicelevel" option, nice level may be specified on per
  server basis
- stronger error handling
- some new warnings
- slotted mysql management
<--- ChangeLog extract

Since these script have some improvements and since they are compatible
with the current stable, probably I'll bump the stable MySQL version to
use them (no, not tomorrow but not so far in time).

However my knowledge of "sys-apps/baselayout" is not so deep, so could
someone take a look at the two ?

Things that I'm worried about:

- They use a good quantity of bash magic, how much it's compatible with
every gentoo supported system?
- Will be future changes of baselayout be compatible with ?
- how much is it compatible with *past* release of baselayout ?
- and with sys-apps/*layout?
- the rc-script force "start-stop-daemon" to start multiple daemons from
the same script, how is it good/bad, thoughts ?
- the code is readable or an effort should be done to make it simplyer ?

please add your own here

provided you have dev-db/mysql already emerged testing is as easy as:

# mv /etc/init.d/mysql /etc/init.d/mysql~
# /etc/init.d/mysql stop
# cp ${PORTDIR}/dev-db/mysql/files/mysql-slot.conf.d   /etc/conf.d/mysql
# cp ${PORTDIR}/dev-db/mysql/files/mysql-slot.rc6   /etc/init.d/mysql
# chmod +x /etc/init.d/mysql
# /etc/init.d/mysql start

TIA,
Francesco Riosa