Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have already submitted my application, but want to advertise it over here
> too :] Comments are welcome!

> Paludis public API, and allow subclassing of Paludis classes using Python.

Check my counterproposal. I know it is more broad but it also fits
better Gentoo as whole.

For the ones that aren't following gentoo-soc:

- C/C++/Ruby/python bindings/API for package managers.

The idea is to have some kind of common ground for applications willing
to use our wonderful package managers.

Task list:

- define a basic API for basic query and basic commands
- implement it for paludis/pkgcore/portage a non native language
- implement a little front-end using it (that would act as a subset of
emerge)
- extend the API to cover more features.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC