Ciaran McCreesh wrote: [Sat Mar 24 2007, 11:38:45AM CDT]
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:30:55 -0700
> Mike Doty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Grant Goodyear wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > PS. So, anybody have any actual technical comments about this
> > > proposal?
> >
> > Yes.  pioto's proposal is weak. lu_zero's counterproposal for
> > developing a method of having a package manager agnostic "API" is
> > much more useful than developing one language binding for one package
> > manager.

Weird, I haven't received Mike's e-mail yet, although I got ciaranm's
reply.

In any event, I agree that lu_zero's idea would be preferable, if
it could be implemented.  I'm agnostic on that point at the
moment, though, since it's hard to evaluate from lu_zero's brief sketch.
I'd love to see a true detailed proposal.

-g2boojum-
--
Grant Goodyear
Gentoo Developer