On 9/25/13 2:44 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
> <phajdan...@gentoo.org>wrote:
>> Perfect.
>
> Seriously? "Perfect" because one person agrees with you?
>
> Sigh.

Look at the API breaks and talk to v8 upstream - if you have a better
solution to actual bugs that people report against Gentoo, I'm all for it.

Note that I've spent and keep spending time on unbundling what's
possible from chromium. I'm not saying bundled is good or fine, but in
the current situation of v8 I honestly think trying to ship a shared
library offers us *no* advantages and actually creates problems, mainly
because v8 was not designed to be used as a shared library and breaks
API/ABI even before patch version bumps like a.b.c.x -> a.b.c.y.

Paweł