On Saturday 18 August 2007 01:47, you wrote:
> On Friday 17 August 2007, Wang, Baojun wrote:
> >   I'm trying to build a pure 64bit cross toolchain for mips64 on a
> > x86(x86 or x86_64) host, using the following method:
>
> by "pure" do you mean you only want the n64 ABI ?
Yes, Only n64. I got a mips64(mipsIII) computer, but it's slow, so I'm trying
to cross build a n64 bit gentoo for it, the first step is a n64 gcc and
glibc. I've successfully build a multilib cross toolchain manually on a
x86_64 host, it support o32, n32 and n64. but I prefer a n64 only toolchain,
and then a n32/o32 only toolchain.
> > 1. set PORTATE_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf
> >
> >         echo "PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage" >> /etc/make.conf
>
> OK
>
> > 2. emerge crossdev
> >
> >         emerge -av crossdev
>
> OK
>
> > 3. select CTARGET (mips64el for instance here), Setup 'categories', set
> >  proper package/use mask
>
> why did you install crossdev only to turn around and not use it ?  all of
> these manual steps you invoked crossdev does for you.  in fact, it's
> obvious you read the file on my dev.g.o space but completely ignored the
> first paragraph which said *use crossdev, dont do this by hand*.

I used to use crossdev but it always fail, so this time I'm doing it step by
step, also I need tune some important USE flags (such as n32,n64, or
altitec), and I'm not sure how to do it using crossdev. Thanks for your great
document:)

BTW: even I edit /etc/profile/* mannually, crossdev will still append to that
file and sounds like ignore my settings.

> please undo the things you've done by hand, unmask the n64 flag in
> your /etc/portage dir like you showed, and then just run:
> crossdev -t mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu
I've did `crossdev -s4 -S -t mips64el-unknown-gnu', and I expect it will
produce a n64 (could do -mabi=64) toolchain and libc, but it could only
produce 32bit binary, and I'm not sure it's n32 or o32.
> if you want specific versions, then use the options to crossdev
> -mike

Thanks very much for help.

  Regards,

Wang
--
Wang, Baojun                                        Lanzhou University
Distributed & Embedded System Lab              http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn