Brett,

Thanks for your help. I have tried to battle with it
but I have given up! >:o( (for now anyway)  It seems
to lock up completely after a while.

I'm also not having any joy in getting eth0 working -
not helped by whacky console!  The install doc
suggests modprobe tulip, but this doesn't get eth0 to
appear if I do an ifconfig.

Very frustrating!  Still, better than Debian - it
hangs while booting from CD!

Perhaps I'll look into swapping the D360 for a
proliant and try X86 gentoo!  Either that or raise a
bug report and wait... :0/

Regards,

Graham.