On Feb 2, 2005, at 07:01, Nick Dimiduk wrote:

Hasan Khalil wrote:
| We do not yet have policy for packages that are provided by Apple and
| that have a different API than that of the gnu version. I'm opening up
| the floor here for discussion on this.

Should we use a gwrapper.eclass to make something like this easier to
maintain?

No can do. If the work were reproducible in an automated fashion over various packages, this would already have been done. The work done differs per package. Perl, for example, is either impossible to make a g<util> out of, or would take more coaxing than we're interested in. Pretty much anything that installs libraries is out of the g<util> scope, unless someone has an idea of how to get around that.

--
Hasan Khalil
Ebuild/Porting Co-Lead

PGP Key: 0x707B8F18 on pgp.mit.edu