On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Terin Stock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> yep, you got the right list. it's kind of slow, but someone will answer your
> question

Thanks Terin,
   I got a little bored waiting for a response so I got started on my
install. Things are going fine so far. I'm into the chroot and
downloading a new kernel now.

   This is my first PPC machine. I have used Gentoo for years as a
user type so I've probably built 30 x86 boxes but never a PPC so I
wasn't sure how to configure the kernel by hand so I swiped the
/proc/config.gz fine from the CD boot environment and pushed it down
into the chroot to use to configure my first PPC kernel. Does that
sound reasonable for a Mac Mini? I ran make oldconfig and just hit
enter until it finished. I figured if that kernel config could boot
the machine from the CD it should be OK for a first kernel from the
hard drive. Would you agree?

Cheers,
Mark