Hello,

I'm trying to come up with a way for two seperate users logging in via
FTP to have a location where they can share files back and forth.

That is to say, user A and user B would both be able to get to this,
write to it, delete files even if they were put there by the other user
etc.

The only thing I came up with so far (I was in a hurry) was creating a
seperate directory elsewhere, and having a symlink called "shared" in
each of the users home dirs pointing at this seperate directory.

The dir is owned by user A, and the group is set to that of B, and the
dir is mode 770.

This works out fine when I log in via ncftp, however when i use IE the
"shared" item isn't even listed.

I use proftpd for the ftp server, so I found the ShowSymlinks option and
set that. However it still doesn't show this symlink in either user A or
B's home dir, when using IE.

Proftpd has a setting to show dotfiles, but due to other uses of the ftp
server, that's just not acceptable.

So I'm looking for a better way to do this, any ideas?