On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 10:16, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> The portage manpage is allways lagging behind on the features. Even the help
> funcion is, although that is most times less behind. The --help function can
> be seen as the authorative source of information about portage though.

Not trying to sound like a moan, but --help should contain a *short* (i.e. 1
line) description, and the man page the long description. Same goes for init
scripts.
I hate getting spamed with 5-6 pages of information when all I want to know is
the options available :)

IMO the documentation is excellent (when fully upto date), just slightly in the
wrong place.

--
Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>