> Has anyone ever heard why the JVMs out there always lose to their
> Windows counterparts in performance figures?  The latest study at
> this site shows all the Linux JVMs failing the number of
> concurrent connections test miserably, except for the Blackdown
> 1.3.1 JVM which otherwise sucks in terms of performance.

I haven't heard, but I guess that Windows JVMs take advantage of
Windows native threads and the efficient use of CriticalSection (which
is quite fast), while most Linux JVMs use multiple processes.  Just do
a 'ps aux' after you started some big app like Borland Enterpise
Server...  Linux is supposed to have much better threading in 2.6, and
hopefully app's will start taking advantage of that.

Gwendolyn.