Hello,
 I am setting up a wireless network and am using gentoo with the hostap driver
as a access point. I can both ping from and to the machine from a wireless
device to the machine and from a wired device to the machine, but i can not
ping from a wireless device to another wired device on the network. I have
set up iptables according to how it should work my script is:

#Activate ip_forward
#Delete rules
/sbin/iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -F INPUT
/sbin/iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -F OUTPUT
/sbin/iptables -P FORWARD DROP
/sbin/iptables -F FORWARD
/sbin/iptables -t nat -F
#Apply new rules
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o eth0 -m state --state
ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o wlan0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -j LOG
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

Thanks
Mark