Hi all

Been busy playing with my nvidia card on one machine and it's solidly crashing it
every time using the nvidia driver (nv driver works fine)
IT crashes with a terminal screen full of ascii. This is not really a problem, since
I'm playing with stuff in general, what does oncurn me tho
is that the crash seems to override files ad hoc.

the last crash corrupted /etc/ld.so.con and /etc/X11/XF85Config-4 and possibly a few
more. I've noticed this a few time before with ~/.viminfo
but this is the first time it's messed with system files.

Does anybody know anything about this. Is this a kernel issue or X11 issue as I'm not
very sure where to report this to.
It seems to be very much a hardware issue as I've tried this on different installs
(1.2/1.4) on this hardware setup.

any ideas would be welcome.

--
Henti Smith