> when trying to burn as a user.  Doesnt appear to be affecting anything,
> but is there a way to fix it.  Seems to be a devfs problem
> ** WARNING **: alert_user_of_error: You are probably not running
> cdrecord as root or you have the wrong permissions on the burner device
As I read it, you have no problem burning your cdr, you just want to get that
irritating message to dissapear. Well, I suppose the reason for it is that if
cdrecord is not setuid it will not be able to jack up the priority, so If you
run other programs, have no buffer underrun protection, and a cdr drive with
little cache, it might not be able to get enough resources to the burner.
But if you have buffer underrun protection, there should be no problem at all.

--
Sigurd Stordal
President of GOGS