Mike Wojcikiewicz wrote:

So I emerged entranced and setup make.conf to use it, but it either wont allow me to login at all, or if I disable pam_auth in its edb file, it starts kde but only KDesktop nothing else (and nothing else WILL start)..

Seems its a PAM issue, but I dont know much about PAM. I've tried copying over the xdm PAM file from /etc/pam.d to entrance, but that still results in nothing starting after KDesktop has been started. anyone else have this successfully setup?.. any hints?

I've not experienced these problems. However, please note that entranced is still a very young product and under heavy development. It is also rc.conf where you specify entrance and not make.conf. I believe in one of the e17 utilities you can specify what login manager options it provides and the command it executes too although I can't remember it at this moment.