CrPy wrote:
Hi,

there are a concern, I like to have cleared and dicussed.

1. Why does
emerge -upv $(qpkg -I -nc) != emerge -uDpv world?
The first try to update all packages. All installed package are updated.
The second try to update all packages in world 'deep'. But the irst and the second are not the same. World 'deep' is less than $(qpkg -I -nc).

Where is my mistake, or is it a bug? BTW regenworld don't change anything

Yes. Good point. I was wondering about this myself for quite some time.

emerge -Duvp world is different from emerge -Duvp `qpkg -I -nc`.

This IMHO should not be the case. Updating all packages should be a portage option. Otherwise, version bumps are missed on systems.

Perhaps something like 'emerge -A world'.