> What's the problem? Anyone was able to create those .sub files? How?
I'm using mencoder to get the .sub/.idx files. just check out mplayer's
website to get it going, or I can send you a simple bash shell script to do
it for you.
My progress in doing a dvd to divx conversion is running some scripts I've
created that uses mplayer and mencoder (and dvdbackup, to rip dvd).
first I check the dvd file for what sid is my language. Acctually you can rip
multiple subtitles to one file, take a look at mplayers documentation for
that.

so: mencoder -sid 'your sid' -vobsubout '.sub file name without the sub'
-vobsubid 'two letter for your language' -dvd 'dvd title' -dvd-device 'the
directory of your rip'd dvd'.

Hope this helps. I've tried using dvd::rip, but I found out that for me it was
much more easy to just do it on the console.

--
Sigurd Stordal
President of GOGS